Thread: Reroll my monk?
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2017, 09:39 AM
Planar Protector

20 stam on a 60 monk is 80hp which isn't as important as many would have you believe.

The only reason I'd consider rerolling is if you don't like your RACE. Iksar regen is really .... really ...... really nice. Having said that, i opted to make my monk human because I prefer the look.

But stats? Fuck that. I didn't put a single point into stamina on my monk and still don't regret it. By the time that stamina starts to pay off (high levels), 80hp will not make much of a difference in terms of survival. The times you might have lived with 80hp was a point in time that you either:

A) Were playing stupidly solo
B) Were grouped with incompetent people (healers) when not solo

Almost all Velious was conquered in Kunark gear and very quickly. Velious gear is not necessary to win velious. For the content in Velious that benefits greatly from Velious gear -- that gear difference isn't found on monks. It is found on tanks and other support classes (Tank hp ... cleric mana). Upgrading from nonraid to raid gear is big hps ... and from kunark to velious is insane hp. 20 stamina means nothing.

Yeah agility is a dumb thing to put starting points into 99% of the time, but dumb stat choices at character creation mean almost nothing in the long run.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2