View Single Post
Old 09-01-2017, 04:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnair [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do rangers really do this much of their dps with spells in a group/non-kiting situation?
That's not what I'm talking about. Rangers have the capacity to be 90% self hasted, so in a group with no enc/bard/shaman they are still pumping out a lot of dps (95% of their potential). In a similar group a rogue would only be pumping out about 70% of their potential (or 80% with eye patch).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnair [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rangers I've grouped with (never played one much) seem very skill/attention dependent, maybe more so than anyone else in terms of being effective. That's why they're joked about so much; a subpar ranger is just that godawful. But a good one will impress the hell out of you when needed, CC all over the place, saving the squishies when aggro goes out the window with heals and roots and flame licks. They seem fun to solo because they can do a little of everything, and hard to group as because of same.
This seems a reasonable assessment to me. If not leveraging their abilities they are just a bad warrior.