View Single Post
Old 02-26-2014, 05:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godling [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As for the start menu, how can people say it's any different? Did people actually ever rely on the inefficient start menu that much? It's not hard to use the (amazing) universal search to get whatever you want almost instantly.
i am a huge fan of the win8 metro start-overlay. the fact that you can basically add a launcher for any app/exe/webpage is such an improvement over winXP(which i love). can literally open any program by pushing the windows key(standard on most keyboards) and then just clicking the icon. anyone new to win8, push the windows button on your keyboard and then press ctrl-tab.

i will admit that configuring win8 is tough, but once you get comfortable with the registry i dont think its so bad. if i could complain about anything it would be the clunky transition to the start-overlay, but thats probably just a registry key that i need to change.

i never have tried windows 8.1. im running win8 home edition, so my OS was pretty forceful in its attempts to get me to "upgrade". good news is, once i downloaded the patcher and rebooted, i just clicked no i do not want to install and now its leaving me alone. i just dont see why i would want to add a start menu button to my already-overloaded taskbar.

if anyone has questions about win8, i will be happy to help if you PM me. alternatively, i also check the tech forums here frequently.