View Single Post
Old 01-27-2014, 01:28 AM
Fire Giant

If you're raiding, an ogre warrior in Kunark gear can max their STA. I'm a SK- my Sky gear has zero STA at all- and I can max mine.

As a caster I dump points into my mana stat, because I'm going to get so much more mileage out of it. Getting INT/WIS over 200 is pretty easy when you start around 140. That way I have a solid mana pool even when I go full out on resists. As an INT caster, HP per point of STA is so laughable you may as well just take the INT on creation so you can wear more +HP gear, you'll be way ahead on the long run.

But to answer the OPs original question, the initial suggestions for important stats were the ones that came with the game in 1999 and really didn't make any sense. I'm pretty sure Wizards were told to go for INT and DEX as primary stats (maybe some idea from a tabletop game where DEX makes you aim better with your wand?). The reality is the only two stats a wizard really needs are INT and STR. The "realistic/modern" suggestions reflect actual game mechanics and effectiveness as we understand them in today's P99 min/max world. If you just want to dick around and have fun, do what you want- but know that many a person has started out that way and later wanted to play seriously and been stuck with their old decision.

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Last edited by uygi; 01-27-2014 at 01:33 AM..