View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012, 12:45 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Have you read this whole thread? There are a lot of tips buried here or there for helping you to deal with lag.

Spell effects off.
Clip plane low/minimum while killing.
Sky off.
Weather effects at minimum.
Filter out dot damage.
Don't run a /log.
Don't face the sky if there is a thunderstorm.

May be a few others. This stuff made a huge, HUGE difference for me when I started using it.

You can also run p99 from your ram or a SSD or a modern thumb drive, some people say that smooths out running around near so many mobs (though I've never tried it).

I could kite 120ish things in OT and 80-90 in BW without any problems.
I do have all those off, including clip plane, the only thing i still had on was the sky so i will make sure that is off too. Thanks for the heads up! Always looking for other things to try.

I have even went with what technical support forums suggested and try WinEQ2, it seems to help a bit but not a lot. Knowing that you folks can kite around 60 mobs + With little lag gives me a lot more drive to figure out what my issue is. One thing i think would help is get EQ bound to a processor. Thanks for the answers!

I have a SSD Drive that i will be installing soon so maybe that will help. Untill then i can try it off a thumb drive. As far as running the game off the ram? I am not sure how to do that exactly.