View Single Post
Old 03-31-2015, 05:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rais [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're missing the point. I confirmed that warriors weren't one shotted. Most were, but Furor had the best gear, and our 2nd main tank had just about the same amount of gear to tank also without being killed outright. I didn't say anything about just someone tanking him. I'm talking a collected effort of an entire raid force with increased stats from end game zones of ToV and Sleepers to be able to kill AoW by the end of Velious. I will say he will be killed way sooner than he was on live, because of the different tactics, sheer numbers of people in a guild and things still being different than it was on live.

You can throw 60 ragebringer rogue alts but if their attack/stats aren't up to par it won't do shit to his hps/regen/how long the fight will be. This is combining items from ToV, Primals, haste items, better item BiS items at the end. I want to say if there wasn't an update and change in stats to most ToV items, AoW would haven't been killed before the expansion ended "legitly". Maybe I have the time line from tov upgrades and AoW kill that we and LoS did before the expansion ended mixed up, but I don't think so.

Just saying over all throwing numbers at a mob doesn't mean you can kill it just because of numbers. The best way to describe AoW at the start of Velious was like 100 lvl 20s attacking Brother Quinn and being killed pretty damn fast. It totally changed at the end with everyone geared up.
I bet you're right that AoW wouldn't have died then. But he would have died now given the same conditions. Your collective upgrades over the course of the expansion made a big difference on being able to kill AEing mobs with fewer people, but AoW is probably something of a rare case because he was melee only as has been pointed out.

As for your rogue point... I think this almost highlights my argument. Velious was particularly marginal to rogue dps upgrades. Backstab dps was static throughout the expansion. You saw maybe a 20%-25% dps across the board, mostly because of avatar. That means that 60 Kunark RB rogues, none of whom have avatar on in this example, is equal to 48 of your BiS end game Velious rogues.