View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012, 10:06 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by strosz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
An update. As long as the TrueSpirit spirits con kindly, it will allow you to turn in the reports. It doesn't matter how far into kindly. Also be sure to click off invis when dealing with the spirits just to be safe. I have since repeated the reports three times, on my fourth right now. Two turnins was enough to bump the faction from kindly to warmly.

If you look at the faction page at the wiki, we can guess that a report turnin will yield about 200 faction points according to the left row of faction numbers. That should mean that it only requires two turnins to maximize the faction when you hit warmly, and that the fourth turnin would make it say 'your faction standing with TrueSpirit could not possible get any better'. The numbers do not seem to be accurate though, as I still have not maximized the faction after seven turnins. The eight one should be the last.

Anyway, to repeat the City of Mist reports is without a doubt the easiest way to do the epic. I can manage a completed book report every 1-2 hours or so depending on luck. That is while gettin surprisingly good exp from City of Mist mobs, even if they con light blue. There's also five dark blue golems at the temple close to the entrance. They are easy to single pull and will give very good exp.

So in recap. Here's the easiest and quickest way to do the shaman epic...
- Begin with doing the first parts of the epic quest, including the test of patience to become amiable with TrueSpirit. This will just take a few hours.
- When you're amiable you can repeat the woe/envy/marr step about five times to get the faction to kindly.
- As soon as it hits kindly, move to Emerald Jungle and ask the spirit for the report container. Then do the reports seven, or possibly eight times until it will say that the faction can't get any better.
- When you've completed all this, you just have the final steps left that cannot be skipped.
- Either get into a good guild that can raid Plane of Fear, or sit in the SW(?) corner waiting for such a raid and hope that there is not any shaman along that needs the Child's Tear. Sometimes several can drop during the same raid occasion, so there's always a chance if there's a raid going on there. This step will take some time to finish.
- Head back to City of Mist with a very powerful group, or a small raid. Preferably with at least two high level mages and clerics. Then kill Black Reavers, wait til Rak'Ashiir spawn out of a slain Black Reaver. Give the tear to Rak' and prepare to die. Now you hope that your assembled group will take him down. I've heard that he can be nasty.
- Loot the Iksar Scale from Rak' and head to the northern spirit in EJ, do the dialogue, turnin the scale and there you got it. The Spear of Fate.

I think this is pretty accurate, but please add in this thread if you come across any step that's wrong or can be improved. Good luck all prospecting shamans [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Edit
I've now done the City of Mist book turnin 7 times, and I'm still not at my best with the faction. So the faction information above is not entirely accurate. Will follow up with how many turnins' it was in the end.
What lvl do I need to be before I can solo the CoM reports part?