View Single Post
Old 05-17-2010, 08:33 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulrich [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Best server ever! I know this took some work , and I'm not putting down all the hard work involved.

It is just that this sounds like WOW's capture the flag. Or Warhammers Capture the flag. Or Quake World Ctf capture the flag?

I thought this was classic eq. Not lacing parts of WoW pvp into classic eq. Because a few loud people cried for it. Since they are bored at 50. It's just not Classic Everquest in the slightest to have a capture the flag event.

Just my 2 cents :P ignore if you want.... w/e.

BotB tourneys ... Now that's classic eq!!

Just seems to me that people are missing Wow or something. Doesn't hurt anything I guess. It's just very odd. I just don't get involved in the pvp part of the game. Eq is PvE to me "asides from the botb". Always will be. It's nice to have events don't get me wrong. This just reminds the majority of the players of World of Warcraft. Flame away [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] just my opinion.

It's not like they are being FORCED to ruin their classic experience. This is completely voluntary.

Also, This is taken from Quake, which is in the same era as classic EQ. A lot of the original EQ devs are quake fans. BFG for example. While it wasn't in classic it's a nice little diversion. It's not like we're summoning you in there and saying "LOL DO IT"

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle