View Single Post
Old 10-09-2011, 11:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forestdweller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's like saying Judges that sentence murderers to death are themselves murderers.
Now I'm probably getting a little too political for EQ guild discussion, but I don't believe it's ever right for any person to decide when another is to die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I usually agree with Softcore_PK but I totally disagree that griefing shouldn't be used as a response to griefing, mostly because I play a Bard, which means it's not easy for me to kill people, but extremely easy for me to piss off and annoy people. I think that griefing as a method of punishment for griefing is appropriate since it's more likely to make them regret their immature behaviour. It's also the best deterrent to griefing - if you vow to corpse camp someone until they detag themselves from Fish Bait you can bet that they'll think twice about attacking some poor defenseless noob on a corpse run ever again.
Heh, I was bard on live [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

And again I didn't explain myself well enough. I come from VZ, which always seemed to be the pvp playerbase that policed themselves the best. Most everyone would lns, trains were a scarcity and when things did get too heated between guilds.. they corpse camped. I never corpse camped, as I never felt so wronged as to justify it to myself, but I was ok with it happening. On VZ it seemed, the word grief more than anything meant to train, or intentionally cause exp loss. To a lesser degree it meant bind rushing and CCing (except in extreme cases where guilds are trying to ensure corpses rot).

I would never bind rush (though dying to a train is not a pvp death so does not count), hack, bindpoint camp, intentionally train or intentionally cause pve exp loss in any way. However, if a guild is known for bindrushing there is a good chance I will preemptively CC so they don't get the upper hand on me. And if they did train or any of those other things, I may decide to CC them for that too.

Corpse camping, to me, is the one shady tool us white knights should be allowed to utilize. On live at some later point (after luclin), I think EQ devs made this decision as well. And it's one I agree with, so long as no one is CCed out of their items.