View Single Post
Old 12-15-2014, 09:54 PM
Fire Giant

My goals are optimal gaming and video editing and streaming power (I plan to start streaming and making EQ videos). I spent a lot of time researching every aspect building my computer and this is what I decided to get:

Processor Intel® Core™ i7 5930K Processor (6x 3.50GHz/15MB L3 Cache) - Intel Core™ i7 5930K
<I went with this because the I7 5930X 8 core processor is nice, but it is 800$ more expensive and it has a lower base clock speed and lower turbo freuency. So, I decided it wasn't worth the extra 800$>

Motherboard Gigabyte GA-X99-GAMING-5 -- 4x PCIe x16, 6x USB 3.0, 4x USB 2.0
<Went with this mobo because it suits all the necessary components nicely and I have never had a problem with Gigabyte. I've had some problems with Asus, but not many and I've had a number of problems with MDI in the past>

Memory 16 GB [8 GB X2] DDR4-2800 Memory Module - Corsair
<Went with 2800 memory module but less RAM because I sacrificed having a little less RAM for faster frequency/speed. In addition, I also went with less sticks (2x 8gbs over 4x 4gbs) because every review I've read says it doesn't matter how many sticks you have, but having less sticks will allow you to upgrade more easily.>

Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 - 4GB - EVGA Superclocked - SLI Mode (Dual Cards)
<Was debating hard between dual cards, or the Titan Z, but decided on the dual cards. I don't plan to house more than 2 monitors, so the Titan Z would have been an option, but I looked over many reviews and decided the Titan Z was too expensive for the amount of grapics power you actually receive>.

Power Supply 1000 Watt - Standard
<I checked and I would need at least 900 watt power supply to support what I've put together. Brand doesn't seem to make a difference.>

Processor Cooling Corsair Hydro Series H60 Liquid CPU Cooling System (Copper plate for best cooling performance) - Standard 120mm Fan
<Reviews were good for this Liquid Cooling System>

Primary Hard Drive 480 GB Intel 730 Overclocked SSD -- Read: 550MB/s, Write: 470MB/s - Single Drive
<I got a great bargin with a coupon code for this SSD>

Would you guys change any of that?
Last edited by wwoneo; 12-15-2014 at 10:06 PM..