View Single Post
Old 09-26-2013, 02:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhambuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
only skimmed a few posts..

There is no land ownership in maine, you may have a house there, you may own a deed and pay taxes on the land, you don't own the land.

The only reason I bring this up is because theres a hot topic in maine right now for the construction of a private east west highway which will tear through the state clearing houses and businesses out of the process. My great aunt and uncle have lived in their house that they built by hand for over 40 years. never missed a payment or anything have a deed etc etc The highway is going right through their front door and theres nothing they can do about it.

The state has had a vote and the people turned it down but apparently it doesn't matter the company can still go ahead and construct its highway, if you don't want to sell to them to bad they're going straight to the bank and buying your land out from under you and kicking you on the street.

So though my family has lived on this land for over 100 years, built 2 houses, etc etc etc... we don't own anything other than what we put here. if someone wanted the property they could just go to the bank and pay more than we can and take it from us.

Can't wait for day 1 construction im going to be standing in front of bulldozers with a rifle/shotgun/road flares on my chest screaming i have a bomb. its my state god dammit, go fuck yourselves and your highway.
that is eminent domain, which is a different issue that "property" in the first place.