View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 02:11 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think you misunderstand how people make money.

It's not by catering to a niche market that hates everything you've done for the last nine years.
You clearly have no idea how big of a success the last progression servers were. SoE publicly stated themselves that when the Combine and Sleeper launched, they had the best months (financially) that they had had in a long time.

The progression servers were epic amounts of fun and people were bustling in every nook and cranny of every zone. Guilds were racing to targets to progress their guilds and leveling together in nearly every zone in the game. There were a few things that ruined it for many people, the big thing being power gamers rushing to unlock the content in under a month, and zones being out before they were supposed to, but overall they were amazing.

i can't wait until we get to come back into the real Norrath in early 2011 and can see the changes that SoE has made this time to progression. I have a feeling that after seeing the response to P1999, they realize there is a market out there for the "niche" you are talking about. Most people tend to play EQ in short spurts and come and go to revisit old memories. That is where the money is for their company; nostalgia - and that is why they are bringing this server ruleset back again.