View Single Post
Old 12-18-2013, 06:56 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Monk Income Dilemma: Create Farming Character or Press Forward?

Hello everyone,

I have been playing casually on P1999 as a monk for the last couple of months and have reached level 25. I have had a wonderful time thus far, and have acquired a full set of cured silk, Wu's Quivering staff, and miscellaneous lowbie monk items. Most of this equipment came from selling bone chips and a few generous donations.

Sadly, I am at about 15 pounds and unable to loot cash/drops from mobs. I have no means to upgrade my equipment because I cannot earn plat without dramatically lowering my AC. I do not see this problem improving anytime soon and am considering a few options:

(1) Do I simply press forward on my monk and consider intentionally cash farming at higher levels? For example, should I grind to 35-40ish and then camp lowbie cash camps [bronze weapons; etc.]? Does access to plat improve for monks at any levels before 50?

(2) Am I missing or am close in level to any good exp/cash camps for classes with severe weight restrictions?

(3) Do I start ignoring weight and loot? If so, what is a reasonable weight limit? I find that going over 5-10 pounds starts impacting my AC and performance in combat.

(4) Should I consider making a cash-farming character, such as a druid, to farm plat? This is not a desirable option, however, because I have a ton of fun playing my monk and have very limited play time.

Any advice is appreciated! Thanks!