View Single Post
Old 02-18-2024, 10:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maximum individuality is certainly preferable too being pigeonholed by social norms. Butt sadism, for example, isn't typically wise or effective. Even if the goal was to maximize disruption or destruction. Or neutralization.

Perhaps I'm relying on a Bhuddas own internal definition of Nihilism.

I believe choices matter. However. They matter certainly differently to different folks from different perspectives in different contexts. So to say something is meaningless or doesn't matter to me is absurd itself.

For me. I go out of my way to avoid killing bugs. Even though from a nihilist perspective that bug is already dead, has a short lifespan anyway. Etc.

I know it's absurd, butt for me it cultivates and protects me. My empathy causes me to feel miserable after killing bugs. My sense of self is more bound up in the web of life as a whole being or part of one. Therefore it is my way off of the wheel of suffering to ****avoid harming**** that which contains my body and ego within itself. And sharing my, the, world, universe, room ... body with a few bugs isn't then miserable.
If my experience on mushrooms (which echoes the experience of countless others) had any validity at all, life is probably interconnected on a much more profound level than we are aware of. The whole idea of we are one comes up a lot with psychedelics. Most likely includes bugs. My take away from the experience was that death wasn't something to be afraid of and it didn't really matter what you did. We all end up in the same.. place or something. Can't remember the details, but it did serve to comfort me a lot regarding the death of my best friend.

Then again maybe that's just how a mushroom thinks. Dunno.
Last edited by Cecily; 02-18-2024 at 10:15 PM..