View Single Post
Old 09-08-2017, 01:10 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://www.everquest.com/krono
Your argument is hinging on "already exists" I am assuming. That's why P99 actively polices RMTing and routinely bans players who participate in RMTing. DB actually has the balls to put an option to buy Krono for $424.99 - Please tell me how this is not pay to win? I am all ears

Because they literally cost money to buy? In a game where gaining XP is basically the only goal I am confused as to why you think this is not a big deal.

I could go to Everquest.com/krono right now - spend $424.99 - and without ever killing a mob be in BiS droppable armor and could even buy MQs and loot rights to true BiS gear and Epics that are only available for Krono because that's what the farmers covet and its how DB is enabling RMT. Kronos are available for purchase for real life money. So if this isn't pay-2-win..... ?
The same argument can be made about in game plat. It shouldn't exist because you can go to x site and buy it for real money. Again, Krono is literally just another form of currency and doesn't enable anything that wasn't already happening. If Krono or plat didn't exist people would just buy the items directly from whoever for real cash. Nothing is ever going to change the concept of trading time spent in one activity for time someone else spent doing something else, your issue is with the concept of economics itself.

I really cant imagine you people find much happiness in life as much as you worry about someone spending cash on stuff. It must ruin all of your hobbies. Do you get bitter when your neighbor hires someone to add an addition to his house instead of growing the lumber and making the boards himself then assembling it all? I'm genuinely curious.