View Single Post
Old 05-29-2014, 07:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Duo's are almost always better exp than full groups and probably are the best EXP for a cleric 40-60. Get a friend who can charm either a Druid, necro or enchanter, and duo some zones with high ZEMs charming. You healing them when they get hurt, stunning their pet on charm breaks, rooting adds, CHing pets that you decide to keep for awhile... Cleric + Charmer is fantastic exp.
To expand on this a bit based on my experience leveling clerics, both an untwinked one years ago and a twinked one in the last couple weeks: GOOD duos are nice... faster xp than a bigger group with more options for where you can go without exhausting the supply of mobs to fight while also being safer (and maybe faster too) than solo. I'd count a good partner for a cleric as any caster who is a decent player, or as any well-geared melee (except rogues and bards probably) who is a decent player.

But unfortunately, I've run into quite a few players out there who think that just because you have healing and they need healing, that you are obligated to group with them. Don't cave in to these people, no matter how insistent they are, unless they count as a "good" partner for you or you REALLY want some company, imo. They'll just drag you down in terms of XP earned and sanity retained.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 05-29-2014 at 07:47 AM..