Thread: Exploring
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012, 11:44 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flunklesnarkin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd be down to try something like that out.. I don't think it would feel a lot like exploring though if it was on P99. (so much twink gear and lots of the zones are surprisingly inhabited)
He didn't exactly specify that he wanted to explore virgin lands with untwinked characters.

I know that I've always had fun exploring places in EQ, even on live after the glory years of the game. Sure, people have done it before. And no, I wasn't always doing it with untwinked characters. But I had never been to those places (or at least never paid close attention to them), and the depths of befallen or paw or whatever are hardly a cakewalk even for a group of superdupertwinks, assuming they're the right level for the dungeon.

There's certainly plenty of places that are USUALLY untouched that would be fun to poke around in. Cb, bb, kurns, unrest, uguk, sola, mm, lguk, solb, com, kc, seb... those dungeons are all pretty busy most of the day, especially at primetime. But all of the rest of them tend to be empty most of the time (kerra, befallen, najena, runnyeye, paw, ct, dalnir, permafrost, kaesora, nurga, droga, mighta missed a couple), and when they aren't empty it will be 1 group, or someone getting pleveled, etc., not multiple full groups.

If you really want to go all out, there are a million little corners of outdoor zones that no one ever goes to that are fun to see, have little settlements of NPCs in them, might have a few quests you can find, might have a named mob tucked away here or there, etc.
Last edited by fischsemmel; 03-07-2012 at 11:52 PM..