View Single Post
Old 03-02-2015, 08:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just had an idea for p99 after Velious: A ruleset for individual players called 'Hardcore Characters'. You'd flag at the Priest of Discord in any town by asking him to flag your character.

The rules would include:

-Can only flag at level 1, and all gear and spells in your possession would be deleted.
-Can't receive outside help with NPCs. The moment you receive outside help, you get a 85% penalty to exp gained from the kill.
-Cannot be buffed or healed except spells cast on yourself or by an NPC.
-Cannot accept items or money in trades.
-You cannot loot any items or money from an NPC if you did not kill it solo.
-85% exp penalty for the Hardcore Character upon entering a group.
-Corpses cannot be rezzed with this flag on.
-Exp Gain increased by 250% while following all of the above rules. (ie; if you join a group, the bonus is negated and a 85% penalty is applied)
-This flag can never be turned off.
-Characters would have a silver name while this mode is enabled.

There is an optional 'super hardcore' mode, all previous rules apply and:
-Cannot use the bank under any circumstances.
-All bags appear as non-bags to your character and will refuse to store items.
-Characters would have a black name while this mode is enabled.

Would you play something like this? I would.
I am for special rulesets, but I don't get this one. What's the hook here exactly?

Getting a 250% exp bonus for solo'ing doesn't seem hardcore to me. It seems like easy mode, even with the restrictions you mentioned. I guess it would be substantially harder for non-solo classes, but even then.

Not being able to accept rezzes? That's just weird. Its like being not able to accept ports or have your corpse dragged. It isn't hardcore mode its just slowing you down with an artificial and not fun time sink.

Anyways, I'm all for special rule-sets, especially temporary ones that don't impact the integrity of the server. I would be up for having a "GM event" with a rule-set like this where the first person to lvl to 60 received a reward of some kind, etc.