View Single Post
Old 12-04-2016, 10:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Respectfully, the bolded advice is well-intentioned but terrible. Remember, it's not like he's pouring the money for the Iksar BP down a black hole. He can re-sell the thing at any point and recoup his investment, and they hold a steady value compared to a lot of other items. And the regen makes a huge difference 1-30 and a noticeable difference all the way up to 50. It's +50 HP per minute, which may not sound like a whole lot, but speaking as someone who has actually used one while leveling a Warrior, it's the difference between being able to solo fairly comfortably and just barely getting by with bandages (and remember the two are not mutually exclusive). Another way to look at it: it's like having a pocket Cleric toss you a Greater Heal every 6 minutes. It's very noticeable and very welcome while leveling, especially while solo or in small groups.

Regen and haste are the two most powerful benefits when leveling a melee. You should get the best of each you can afford.
I leveled multiple lowbie warriors and I personally never found that I needed a regen bp, unless soloing.

If he wants to solo then perhaps, but if his other slots are empty and he is using subpar gears just to wear a regen bp (not even a fungi mind you), I personally feel it's not a worthwhile investment.

Typically by lvl 20 I was grouping, and I found having hps and ac quite beneficial in a group but that's my opinion and what I feel I experienced.

Soloing as warrior past 20 gets rougher too, I really don't see how that iksar regen bp will take him very far when he has tar goo wrists and empty slots.

But, hey whatever. I was just giving my perspective. If it's awful advice guess I been doing it wrong on my warriors.