View Single Post
Old 12-04-2016, 10:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I leveled multiple lowbie warriors and I personally never found that I needed a regen bp, unless soloing.

If he wants to solo then perhaps, but if his other slots are empty and he is using subpar gears just to wear a regen bp (not even a fungi mind you), I personally feel it's not a worthwhile investment.

Typically by lvl 20 I was grouping, and I found having hps and ac quite beneficial in a group but that's my opinion and what I feel I experienced.

Soloing as warrior past 20 gets rougher too, I really don't see how that iksar regen bp will take him very far when he has tar goo wrists and empty slots.

But, hey whatever. I was just giving my perspective. If it's awful advice guess I been doing it wrong on my warriors.
Of course you can level fine without it. You just level easier with it. This is not really controversial - downtime as a melee is entirely a function of how quickly you can restore your health between fights, whether with bandages, regen or grouping with a healer. Any type of regen is only going to speed up your leveling. Period.

And it's not like he's forced to choose between option 1 of having regen BP and being naked otherwise while wielding a Rusty Long Sword, and option 2 of having a nice set of gear and weapons but no regen. He has enough money to afford both. He can use the BP until he no longer sees the benefit then sell it and get something else. It's not a waste of money, it's temporarily turning 10k into regen to speed up your leveling, then selling it and getting your 10k back.

And there's no need to be defensive, I wasn't personally attacking you. I just disagreed with the advice. As most people would. If you can afford any type of regen while twinking a melee (especially a tank) then you buy it. You're the only person I've ever seen who disagrees with that statement, and the reason is because regen (even 5 hp/tick) is insanely powerful at lower levels and greatly helps in leveling.