Thread: Game Mechanics: Channeling is broken
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2014, 12:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Chance to channel a spell in pvp is brutally close to classic, maybe a little too much on the chance to interrupt side but... its dayum close.
Not even remotely close. On live I could rely on gate channeling even if I got caught by a rogue or monk. On here I have to juke and dodge just to channel one against a Paladin. On live I never had a problem keeping my shaman up with sheal; overall geared shaman and clerics were tough as hell to bring down. On here they can be pushed defensive or locked down by a single melee and YT'd in a few seconds when they get trained.

The differences are the most obvious in PvE, where stuff that I camped easily on live can be really tricky on here when one mob does 60% of my health when 1-2 melee hits interrupts 2-3 root attempts in a row.

There is a reason that monks, rogues, and warriors are wildly over represented on this server while guilds have to search for active wizards and druids(the top killers on SZ). Velious is only going to make this worse.