View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 12:10 PM
Planar Protector

Historically when asked this question I had answers similar to other people:Complaints such as the addition of PoK which made travel trivial. Adding GoD which "streamlined" raid content, actually just making it boring cut and paste content. Or just going past PoP which was an epic storyline where you killed the gods, a good finish. Some people didn't like Luclin because going to the moon broke their opinion of the fantasy motif.

But the truth is that it was an inevitability.

At any point you add new content it either is on par with old content gains giving you a sense of new encounter but no stat gain or it gives you stat gain thus eventually trivalizing the importance of old content. The thing is neither of these are sustainable, as eventually with the former you grow tired off the repetitve re-hashing of new encounters for no progression or with the later the feeling that you are just doing tier after tier for a systematic x% increase in stats to do new content.

Take a thing like AAs, some people (myself included) loved them because you had an oppurtunity to increase your characters power, others hated that it was just forced added objectives for progression. Much like other forms of Artwork whenever something is added it polarizes people.

Velious was a great expansion but you couldn't do another 5 expansions on similar premises of progression. Some people seem to feel like the game would keep going indefinitely if no content was added. I think the turnover rate and impending soaring numbers and eventual decline with the launch of Velious will be a testament to the fact that you are basically damned if you do, damned if you don't.
Some other toons
Formerly of TZ