View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 02:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirNotAppearinginPicture [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hello, I am just starting out. I installed Titanium and then I ran your installer. Everything seemed to work. It finished and launched EQemu where I allowed it to patch. But now I have two problems. The first is that I then selected Project 1999 server and hit the "play" button. It took me into the game but to another login screen. I wasn't sure sure if I was supposed to create another username or password or if I messed something up, so I closed out of the game and EQemu. The second problem is now when I try to select Project 1999 server and hit play , the EQemu launcher says "You do not have enough permissions to the specified Everquest-Directory. Aborting patching....". Do you have any suggestions. Thanks.
First problem:
Yes you need to have a Project 1999 account. Which is separate from EQemu account. Here is what you need to do on EQemu forums (NOT these forums).

Quote:
Step 3 - Login Server Account
You will now need to create a Login Server account that you will use log into the EQEmulator Loginserver. Please go to the Login Server page (located under Miscellaneous in your UserCP∞). Select "Create a LS Account∞." Fill out the fields and proceed. Please note that your EQEmulator Forum account and EQEmulator Login Server account are totally seperate; you should use a different username/password combination for each.
Your Login Server Account passwords are NOT RECOVERABLE in any way. Do not lose your lose or forget your information.
You can find the full list of directions here --> http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...akka=PlayGuide

Second Problem:
You are either on Windows 7 or Windows Vista, they restrict program access. To remedy this right click on the shortcut you are using to start EQemu and select "RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR"... you can also right click go to properties and checkbox "Always Run As Administrator" to not have to do that every time.