View Single Post
Old 01-01-2014, 05:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by goshozal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Casuals are not scum, anymore than hardcore players are.

The only thing I'm trying to get across here is that these are perceived relative terms. I'm in TMO, but I actually consider myself casual!

The game doesn't owe anything to either camp. What each camp owes each other is, in Xasten's words, a meta game that rewards the hardcores for their willingness to compete, while respecting the casual player's desire to participate.'

Unfortunately, as I said to you previously Bob, this server is nothing like live. 3 years of Kunark has given rise to a completely unsustainable raiding population for the number of available targets. This is not the fault of the casuals or the hardcores. And this shortage of targets per capita has led to vast new heights of what we refer to as "hardcore."

I still boggle at the idea of the players being forced to "solve" a problem that they did not necessarily create. This is why I was so strongly supportive of Loraen's repop ideas: because I believe that the problem can be lessened only by an increase of available targets per capita. Velious or repops, or both.

But making it into a character battle between two arbitrarily defined camps is woefully myopic.
I agree with a lot of this. I too supported Loraen's repop idea and feel its the fairest solution and the only one that will actually make the server a better place. Not to mention a hell of a lot more fun. Which according to the Devs/GMs is the whole point of this.