Thread: gaming laptops
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2014, 05:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawll [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You never said what games or apps your attempting to run on this new machine. It's really hard to suggest hardware to someone who doesn't even say what they are attempt to run on it in the first place. But I would look for a i5 since 99% of games don't support hyper threading and overclocking on a laptop that will already run super hot under load is a bad idea. 8gb of ram is the most that 99% of game will utilize, anything more is for 4k video editing or VMs. Put your money into the GPU and a solid SSD.
Anything new that comes out y'know. I'm not a stickler for max settings, just playable, but 40+ (pref 60) FPS is just such a big improvement that I really can't hang without it. Will probably be playing WoW / P99 on it from the start, but I really don't like to limit myself. And yeah, finding a stock laptop with over 4gb ram seems like pulling teeth, 8 seems to be the ticket primarily. I don't really know which way to go with laptop GPUs, though, which is my biggest problem.