Thread: gaming laptops
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2014, 07:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It seems like Xotic makes decent PCs, but just hope you don't have to return or exchange it. I bought a Sager laptop from them a month or so ago and the idiots at Sager put the thumb-scanner in between the two mouse buttons, making it awkward to do a "middle-click" (ie. press both buttons simultaneously).

I tried to exchange it for another brand and found out that if I went with any brand other than Sager I only got a 15-day (from the day it ships, not arrives) return window. It's pretty much impossible to figure out if an issue like that is just an annoyance that I'll adjust to or a real significant problem in (less than) 15 days, so I decided to return the laptop instead.

Xotic wound up charging me not just for shipping, but also $100-something for minuscule little scratches that you get on any laptop the moment you remove it from the packaging. After that I swore never to get another computer for them.
Weird I got a 3 year warranty so shouldn't be any issues. That's a shame though my experience with them has been great thus far.