View Single Post
Old 08-17-2017, 01:08 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EVERY NEW PLAYER SHOULD START HERE
https://wiki.project1999.com/

Then add lhancelot to your ignore list.
Actually Baler that is a handy link but I would say that is more like the #2 spot.

#1 place to start is https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=159515

Learn the server rules, learn how to protect yourself, ie turning logging on to start when client starts.

I'm not going to make any presumption about your upbringing but being polite/courteous and communicating with others will take you much farther then just rushing in after mobs -- ie just basic manners -- Its how I remember players of EQ community which made things great, but there are the bad apples too.

I'm sad to say learning how to protect yourself shouldn't be the first thing expressed to a new player but I'm of the mindset ... better to know ahead of time. I'm not trying to scare you or anyone else off, but I want you to be aware the bad fruits can be really bitter and leave a nasty taste if you happen to bite into the wrong piece.

Otherwise Welcome to 99 - the memories will come back even if you restrict yourself to kunark where you don't know a lot. Actually not knowing might make it an even better experience because you get to learn things like it was back in the day. Wiki is nice even if not 100% accurate, but make a nice reference point. However at the same time, the wiki can spoil the chance to discover things without it the way the game was originally meant to be played, learning though communication with others, including the whole host of NPCs in the game designed to send you racing off to far away places and getting lost or killed along the way.

I agree that soloing when just starting out fresh on the server can seem very rough, but let me just say.... do your homework on guilds - they are not all created equal.. biggest doesn't mean best but larger can offer more potential to have others around to get the xp bar headed in the proper direction.