View Single Post
Old 03-31-2010, 07:55 AM
Aviak

Default Just Started a SK - Tank gearing question!

So I just began a Shadow Knight - Got to level 3 or so before logging last night.

Shes a total twink, wearing cloth armor and a Bronze 2handed sword (I love how they look!) -

Tanks are probably the most gear-dependent classes, especially early on when your nakky. I always feel quite guilty and inefficient if I am tanking for a group such as orcs/dervs with no "visible" armor and low AC - Like pets can do a better job at that point.

I used to check vendors for people who have sold Small Bronze to vendors, etc. - Is this how most people gear up their tanks for the low level who don't yet have access to resources? If so, what are the best area's /ways to attain a basic set of cheap starter armor (be it banded/bronze)? for being able to group tank in the low levels? -

I'm in the Freeport area for leveling!

I've considered leveling up a caster to "gear up" the melee character but just decided to stop at lvl 19 on my necromancer and level a tank class because its what I played in EQ Live and is in demand/more enjoyable to me right now.

Thanks.
Last edited by Loretta; 03-31-2010 at 08:03 AM..