Thread: SK Race Choice
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2023, 01:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This quite literally what the OP asked:

So until we know what they mean by end-game solo crawling it’s just a mystery. My point of the “end game solo” part is nobody is relying on free snare clicks for a 20 minute repop you are medding and waiting for unless crap goes very sideways.

Crawling droga or making your way up to King Tranix? Sure BE legs are great. FD and Death Peace don’t share a CD, one is 60mana and one is 120. Is free better on a 3 sec cast? Depends I guess. I suspect folks like Keerarae didn’t reverse engineer the best race at the creation screen, they pick one they like and got insane gear and skills then ventured out.
Dungeon crawling requires you to FD multiple times to get down to a specific mob, so BE greaves are always going to be useful. While I agree OP's question is ambiguous, I am not going to assume he doesn't know what a crawl is.

If your crawling in Sebilis, for example, BE greaves will be great when you have to get around a spawn of 2-3 casters. Is it required? No, but reducing your chance of dying while crawling is never a bad thing when you can get nuked for 1k. Dying and having to restart your crawl is a pain. Again, in the hypothetical situation of an extremely well geared SK killing named mobs deep in a dungeon, Greenmist is completely obsolete by the time you have Epic + Primal + Soul Defiler + Willsapper.

Stacking Greenmist and Epic procs is not worth the DPS loss when swapping between the weapons. You are only getting a decent boost in HP gain if you happen to proc Greenmist + Epic within 6 seconds of each other. That can happen, but it's not a common enough scenario to rely on it. Average proc rate is 2 per minute at 255 DEX, so 2 Epic procs spaced 30 seconds apart is giving you 500 HP, vs. 490 with one proc of each weapon. You could get higher HP gain in a minute if you can proc Epic twice and Greenmist once, but that is pure luck, and if you only proc once in the next minute, it evens out. Greenmist would be better if 255 dex equated to 3 or 4 procs on average per minute.

Now you may not need BE greaves for fighting a Cliff Golem, since you don't need to split or crawl, but that is outside of OP's question since you are not crawling to Cliff Golems. I don't think many people are making SK's to simply camp static spawns in an open area.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 06-16-2023 at 01:46 PM..