View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 09:30 AM
Aviak

Thanks for the advice Falkun. I have been trying the Mouse-strafe method also, and I think my hits are still random lag ones, but i am landing a lot more dots using Hmotzart's method. I can't wait for 18 and some sweet action DDD. In response to Nokia, you are right, we need to work on a guide for AoE kiting, with key bindings, hints, and definitely some leveling guidance.

I am currently 16 and I am kiting FoB Northeast of Kurn's tower. There are plenty of light blues to yellows around there, but I actually prefer the dark blues because they drop super fast. I have also tried Dervs in Sro at about 14, but you need to watch out for wanderers + caster mobs. Desert madmen will nuke you to hell.

If I was your level, I would try Willow wisps in North Karana, I did that for a while, and every GLS that drops can be turned in for nice EXP + 9-11 PP. I might actually go do that anyways when I hit 18 to make some cash.

Lake of Ill Omen would also be a great place for levels 12 - 30, plenty of mobs, even though the Tigers stun which is NOT classic. You have many options and I will try to make a file of them at work today and paste it in later. Also, hopefully, Hmotzart will get on and post some of his spots for his quick rise to kiting fame.

Off this topic: Do any of you old bards remember when they added Selo's lasting for like 3 minutes instead of 15 seconds? Was that like PoP or Luclin? I am hoping it is earlier, makes kiting a lot less OCD.