View Single Post
Old 12-18-2009, 06:41 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Project 1999 Inspired by true events.

Want to know how you got to this point?

-Begin work solo.
-Make sweet love to waybackmachine, daily
-Recruit some help.
-Open beta testing for a year
-Fix things
-Beta testers submit LOTs of things
-Fix things
-Give free reign to beta testers to #zone, people are #leveled and geared
-Raid content gets beta tested
-Beta testers submit things
-Majority of posted bugs and issues are fixed
-Continue development.
-Huge dispute with people claiming that no more than 20-50 people would play unless there was 2 boxing
-Rebellion is quelled. People get mad.
-Beta community presses hard for release of server claiming it has been too long in development
-Give 2 week notice that beta was ending and server would fully launch.
-New beta testers submit LOTs of things
-Fix things
-Partially convinced by months of argument that the server would soon need 2 boxing, estimated players were quite low.
-Last day of beta.. raid content is further tested.
-Beta ends
-Clear character data, inventories, etc in preparation of launch.
-Server launches
-Oh fux, there are hundreds of people. Upload speed available in my area insufficient.
-Start looking for new hosting enviroment
-Doom and gloom as lag monster consumes everyone
-Rogean offers temporary hosting
-<3 Rogean, connection upgraded to ludicrous speed
-People are happy, mostly
-Threats start, out of control ooc
-Bannings occur. Threats, insanity, etc.
-Exploits handled. People are warned/punished as needed.
-Rogean joins development as Server Administrator
-project1999.org is established
-ddos person gets upset for various rules they disagreed with
-ddos attacks begin
-terrorist demands: ease up on the ooc chat rules, unban the people that were banned*i assume that was the only for sure way they could play without singling out themselves as the attacker.
-We decide to give everyone another chance
-massive complaints about game mechanics, melee, and various bugs
-development works and fixes while simultaneously trying to configure all the tools and connections to do their work safely.
-GMs overloaded by amounts of petitions
-Isolated hurt butts all around norrath
-Working enviroment reestablished, continue work
-ddos guy /attack
-Refusal of any further terrorist demands..
-ddos guy /attack
-claims of gm favoritism, review logs. listen to testimonials
-ddos guy /attack
-claims of IB favoritism, review logs. listen to testimonials
-ddos guy /attack
-fixes and work in general slow down as full time petition support and is required.
-ddos guy /attack
-conspiracy theories are grown. time wasted explaining the lunacy.
-EQemu is terminated for constant attacks. loginservers, irc, webpage, etc
-p1999 and the loginservers brought back up.
-claims of any drama that could be conjured or molded from conjecture + exasperation
-webpage is brought back up
-strong urge to ban my problems, not my players. have you asked yourself lately which you are?

here are some facts:

-not all GMs are developers.
-most GMs have no idea how certain scripts work or are written.
-you have no idea how certain scripts work or are written.
-scripts are being further tweaked and rewritten due to the certain effects ceasing to function after engagement.
-GMs do not want to interfere with you. they want to solve your problem and put you on your way.
-there are GM guidelines which they agreed to follow that you know nothing about
-player or GM punishment is none of your business.
-if you bring your problem to the forums, it should be unresolvable via PM.
-the more idiocy that is in general chat, the less new people that will play here.
-GMs absolutely do NOT want a rotation schedule. I can provide you with screenshots to both your guild leaders as well as instructions to my GMs to have you resolve the issue yourselves. Don't paint a picture like thats what we want.
-I understand why daxum quit developing VZTZ as well as his farewell message. http://forums.pwnedemu.com/
-I wanted to play on this server. I do not anymore.
-I will only say things once. Not request them anymore.
-Bullshit will stop immediately. Don't make me stop it for you.
First I want to say thank you for having this server. I do not intend to offend but rather be blunt as to what is happening.

I disagree with these points Nilbog:

-GMs do not want to interfere with you. they want to solve your problem and put you on your way.
-GMs absolutely do NOT want a rotation schedule. I can provide you with screenshots to both your guild leaders as well as instructions to my GMs to have you resolve the issue yourselves. Don't paint a picture like thats what we want.

We are on a forced rotation system because it is GM imposed. It is the interference that has caused this. Solving problems is interference.

A simple rule of first to engage policy would have been sufficient. Otto is a great guildleader and if Transcendence had engaged any raid encounter before we did we would have backed off.

I have put a lot of time on your server and so have many others. This rotation system and any rotation system takes away the effort I have put into my character as someone can roll up a character tomorrow, level to 50 and have equal chance at everything I have been working hard for these past 2 months. I do not believe Wenai understands this concept.