View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 11:39 PM
Fire Giant

I will say this, what al gore did was really a stroke of genius. He created a new industry pretty much(green movement). Some things that have to do with global warming are infact true, but I wouldn't say it's all doom and gloom like al gorlioni tries to make it out to be.

But you have to admit, all of the concrete we are laying on this planet doesn't really help the planet. Think of it like a brick oven. The Italians used brick ovens forever to cook with, and other cultures of people of course. The reason they use them even to this day is because they retain heat. Now think about all the concrete we have layed on earth. At nightime, naturally the earth should cool off some since the sun is not beaming on that particular part of the earth. But since the concrete retains heat throughout the night, the earth doesn't cool off as much as it would have a thousand years ago. Now compound that with all of the factories and cars and such, and of course the planet will be warmer then it was a thousand years ago.

What al gore did was basically go to big business and say " what if I told you there was a way that I can make it to where you can charge more for a product, and do nothing other then label the product green etc". Al gore may sound stupid, but he's pretty damn good at business. Not to mention what he did has changed laws and regulations all over the world, plus created a plethora of new products for his green movement.