View Single Post
Old 11-20-2013, 04:38 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi,

I just tried installing this for the first time. When I first booted up, it worked great, I was loving the music and everything. Then I camped out for a bit, and when I tried to log back in later on, I got this error. All the music stopped, the UI was still loadable, but all the setup I had done was gone. Any advice?

http://imgur.com/RYWDNZn
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

also then I checked the UIErrors log and saw these messages:
UIErrorLog created at Tue Nov 19 22:06:20 2013
[Tue Nov 19 22:06:20 2013] Error: Could not find child AccountButton in window main

[Tue Nov 19 22:06:20 2013] Error: Could not find child EQWebpageButton in window main

[Tue Nov 19 22:06:20 2013] Error: Could not find child HelpButton in window main

[Tue Nov 19 22:06:20 2013] Error: Could not find child ChatButton in window connect
This is likely because you have spaces in your path name, not sure why but EQ has problems with this. Try moving EQ into C:\EverQuest or similar directory without any spaces or special characters (like parenthesis). Also disable UAC (it may be the cause for Access Denied error). And run as administrator (Right click on shortcut and Run As Administrator). You can set it to always run as Admin from Properties.