Thread: Miscellaneous: Shralok Pack should now be LORE
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2017, 09:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was never patched to be lore, in spite of the patch notes. You can see evidence of this on the allakhazam page for the shralok pack.
I believe it really was. I was going over that tski.co site, apparently in the sticky a developer Karnas references it for patch notes. So assuming they are true patch notes from era (or at the very least what the devs consider to be accurate), here is the patch I originally mention:
http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20010221a.html

Quote:
The Shralok Pack is now LORE. It was set to pending-lore some time ago.
Using the same date (assuming these dates may be around that time it went in, else it is from later that day), the very next entry of a patch states this:
http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20010221b.html

Quote:
It's apparent that some EQ players, primarily those who started playing after the introduction of the LORE tag, did not know what the "Pending Lore" tag meant. "Pending Lore" means that in the future, an item WILL become LORE, making it so the character can possess only one. When this change occurs, the server deletes additional items upon login.

The Shralok Pack is one of those items. However, due to the number of people unaware of the meaning of the tag, we've changing it back to "Pending Lore". Players who had the item disappear from their characters can contact a GM to have their characters restored to the time of the last backup.

Going forward, we will work to distribute additional notification when making a change of this type. To that end, the Shralok Pack will become a LORE item in the very near future, and players should take steps to remove all items and get rid of additional packs. It should be noted that there is no guarantee as to which pack(s) will be deleted when the server reduces the total number owned to one, so you will want to destroy any superfluous packs manually.
So it would seem that it truly was patched in, but it caused a giant fuss, and GMs were directed to reimburse items lost and the item was reverted to Pending Lore.

So I concede that it should indeed stay as 'Pending Lore' but the original information provided to Nilbog was inaccurate. It would seem this did get switched at some point in the timeline, it should have been at his discretion if he wanted to do this and if he wanted to revert it to Pending Lore.

The original reasoning for switching it back to Pending Lore was because people were ignorant of what it meant. Up to him if he wanted to educate people and institute this change or let it slip by the wayside and not deal with the headaches.

I'll stop bumping this thread, maybe he wants to take action about it for custom content / future classic timelines.