View Single Post
Old 10-12-2011, 01:16 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I've always wondered how much evidence on 2-boxing leads to a ban. I mean, I got my roommate into EQ, and while I'm fairly confident I wont run into this problem, I can see many circumstances that would appear suspicious.

For example, currently my roommate and I usually hunt separately, being different levels. She's killing bandits in WK while I hunt in blackburrow. On top of that, due to schedules, we often play at different times anyway. However, there are times when she helps me catch up a little, and we hunt together. She has a bad habit (that I've been trying to break her of) of running off to the bathroom or get a drink or even to run to the gas station/McD's without announcing it or putting up her AFK flag. I could easily imagine a scenario where she is at the store leaving her character sitting in game and us being summoned the way the OP described. I can't exactly reach her room from mine and control both at once to satisfy the "run in opposite directions". This hasn't happened, probably because as I said we usually play in different areas, but I'd hate to have to be afraid of hunting together in case of banhammer.

What's worse, her computer sucks, and likes to freeze a lot also causing her character to sit there in the game for 5-10 minutes before going LD, though it happens most often when zoning.

The funny part is, a 2boxer that can alt+tab quickly probably COULD satisfy the 'opposite directions' thing simply using autorun.

I can see the difficulty in trying to stop 2boxing and the reasons to try, but at the same time I think "beyond a reasonable doubt" should be afforded to the suspected. Especially when, as mentioned, blatant cheaters get off with a warning.