View Single Post
Old 10-02-2011, 07:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SearyxTZ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^agreed. Takes five seconds to filter it off or on, but I digress.

OOC is the one chat channel that actually makes sense to have be global. Shout and Say - you would expect to be zone specific and relevant to "immersion".

It seems like the only people complaining are doing so because it is on for them by default. So if you have it off by default, doesn't everyone get what they want? The neckbeards who want immersion have /shout + peace and quiet, and the basketball players can turn on OOC to talk some trash.

Thoughts? A compromise would be smart here because otherwise you're basically disappointing half the playerbase.
I don't want ooc, and it's not because it's on be default. Global ooc would kill GFay trading, as everyone would be able to auction anywhere and everywhere. Lots of people, I'm sure, see this as a good thing. But I want classic EQ, and this was a big part of it. Beyond that, global ooc would also affect pvp. If it was off by default, and only basketball players used it, they would have a considerable advantage over everyone else.

There really is no compromise. Either you include a global channel, in which case pretty much everyone has to use it (auction channel, pvp) or you don't.