View Single Post
Old 10-02-2011, 08:21 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Softcore PK [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't want ooc, and it's not because it's on be default. Global ooc would kill GFay trading, as everyone would be able to auction anywhere and everywhere. Lots of people, I'm sure, see this as a good thing. But I want classic EQ, and this was a big part of it. Beyond that, global ooc would also affect pvp. If it was off by default, and only basketball players used it, they would have a considerable advantage over everyone else.

There really is no compromise. Either you include a global channel, in which case pretty much everyone has to use it (auction channel, pvp) or you don't.
Really, you love the concept of sitting in a zone for hours on end hoping someone who's buying or selling the item you have/want shows up on a server that will be lucky to have half the pop of p99? Really? Because it's SO fun to sit there and do nothing but hit an auction macro every minute for 4 hours with no result. It's so fun they should just make their own game out of it.

It's not a big deal if there are enough people to be constantly sitting in a zone that a lot of items are available, but between the lower population and pvp being enabled, most item trading will be done on the forums if there is no global chat anyway.

Also, exactly how is global ooc an advantage in pvp? Any group of people who are pvping will communicate via group/guild chat or vent, and if you can't figure out that there is pvp going on in your zone without global ooc you're pretty dumb. It's usually a big hint when a bunch of people zone in at once with the same guild tag, and they're probably not going to announce themselves in /ooc. So what exactly are you missing out that is giving other people this "huge pvp advantage"?