View Single Post
Old 10-14-2011, 03:23 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bockscar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Who's talking about immune? My point is that 140-160 CR would make you survive three ice comets fairly frequently (if you even let the guy get three 6.30-sec nukes off), and then the wizard is OOM. If you believe that 170 CR made little difference and that resist rates for nukes aren't decent until 200+, it's your memory that should be questioned. 100-120ish is where you start frequently shaving off a significant portion of nuke damage, 150-170 is when nukes become pretty unreliable, and 200+ is practical immunity. I hate to be that guy, but do you actually have any kind of memory of classic PvP? Your statement suggests you don't. If it took 200 to be merely decently protected against nukes, clerics and magicians would be among the strongest endgame PvP classes.

That doesn't even make sense and is completely contrary to your own argument. Spells were harder to resist on VZTZ. I also didn't play on VZTZ for more than a few months.

I think its your memory that maybe jaded... I was pretty well known on RZ for a very long time, and yet no one recalls you ever in classic pvp and or what server did you play on?

Mages were garbage (there best nuke Bolt was easily LoS avoidable, clerics were actually very good and their nukes even tho mr based and resisted id say post 150 fairly often were not to be frowned upon)

Lets rehash some classic portions you may or may not be unfamiliar with...

Ice Comet (Class Wizard) - You used to be able to stand at the entrance to Dead Side Lower Guk (assist a target on someone) and literally cast and hit them in the safe hall drop below the bridge... I realise this has nothing to do with the resist arguement but I'll get to that, hang tight. Now by your own posts so far (easy to get 170mr on a warrior, easy to get 150cold/fire) you are basically telling the community you are a proponent of melee and casters are literally worthless in classic (minus the early rush to 50 and the short term wait for a few melee to gear up). When everyone (at least from RZs stand point) remembers the most devasting combo for almost a year was Enchanter/Wizard (but again from your stand point and all these unbuffed resists you are throwing out there, both are worthless) Badmartigan/Ilsen anyone?

Again your memory is jaded... Hardly anyone had resist jewlery for the first 6months (you would be lucky to have 1 Jacinth or Diamond Ring)and gems didnt drop like candy from planes (vz/tz memories) or from Dino as often as some may think. I know this because I was the 3rd Enchanter to 50 and one of the only high end JCers on RZ (Played Rigamortiz if you must know)

One part of your jaded memory is true (post Id say 150, you could/can resist the spell line, Fire line seemed much easier to resist than cold (given the fact IC has a small built in resist factor/and Temp Flux staff..) it wasnt resisted/partially resisted near as much.. It still had a strong impact.

So one last rehash, if we go off your theories (No one on the entire server should roll any caster whatsoever, because you will A) Get fully resisted on ALL your Spell lines post 120 or close to it where it means nothing.
B) Will only be able to live your glory for the first month of 50s and become worthless the rest of your EQ Career other than a Portbot/Healbot/Buffbot.)
Now lets sit back a second and think about that.

PS Im curious to know who you played (what server) and more of your "classic memories".

Again this isnt a pissing match, I just dont want to see someone who is a proponent of melee, try and throw casters out the window completely.
Last edited by Kringe; 10-14-2011 at 03:32 PM..