View Single Post
Old 08-15-2014, 05:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juntsie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not classic.
In classic EQ, server GMs were given wide discretion to settle disputes. This falls well within those powers. Additionally, such procedures have no bearing on the game itself when talking about "not classic." This does nothing to affect the content, but it has everything to do with how the staff communicates with the players.

This changes nothing in the substance of what the GMs say or do. This only influences how they communicate their rulings to the players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juntsie
In sum, proposal seem bit cumbersome and formalistic. Juntsie prefer alternative raid dispute resolution. Dis would create too much litigation about raid dispute, and take too much GM staff time.
The current raid scene is bloated with excessive petitions, fraps, and headache inducing cries for attention. By formalizing the procedure and setting hard limits on what people can submit, the workload is REDUCED from what we currently have. The staff has been close to a breaking point many times over the years from excessive petitions over the most trivial of slights. They've always been handled with a flurry of disorganized petitions, private messages, and cries of favoritism and corruption. Formal procedure helps eliminate this.

Alternative dispute resolution, while I agree it is imminently favorable, is not always a realistic option. Especially here. When ADR fails, these procedures reduce the headache and communicative bloat the petition process currently faces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bboboo
I think the GMs have addressed being against this sort of thing due to how every situation is different and would just cause arguments over disputes to just go on forever.
Look at the procedures a bit more closely; they change nothing substantive. They only define the process to be more predictable and streamlined. At no point is GM discretion limited. Again, the goal is to reduce the amount of work and frustration the GMs currently face.

These procedures provide quick and efficient closure for all parties in a thorough and public manner which is certainly in the interest of justice.