View Single Post
Old 08-20-2014, 04:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think i'm leaning towards a monitor with a high refresh rate that i can also turn sideways and watch football on from my couch. I'd want integrated speakers because why not. Do most monitors (kergan you had been talking about a 27" which is I think the ideal size) also have a cable-in port?

so, it'd be HDMI from docking station to monitor, and then cable connection that i could switch back and forth from

I do want it to be big but I'm in full understanding that i'll have to be way far away from large TVs to have them be useful in any way.

So, the last question would be, would a 27 incher be big enough to have on one end of the wall so that I can sit on my couch and eat cheetos while watching it, say some great sexy anime with subtitles? Are there larger gaming monitors and if so, do they start going up drastically in price once you go past 27?
Monitors never have a cable-in port. That implies a tuner, which is what turns a monitor into a television!

Lots of easy ways around that though, easiest being HDMI direct from a cable box. A little more complex would be an external USB based tuner for your PC that you could probably get in the $50-100 range.

Monitors pretty much stop at 27", after that they are almost all TVs. As for the distance, depends on how far it is from your couch to the wall...if its over 9 feet I'd probably get something bigger.