View Single Post
Old 04-17-2015, 05:49 PM
Sarnak

If you're alternating between spells, clicky works fine. Also, you can instant queue up your next spell after an epic click or jbb with no problem, and use these items instantly after your spells. I never got torpor, so I don't know how that changes things, but pre-60 you can either:
1) canni top slot: get 2 cannis in between med ticks. You can't chain root between crowds but you can alternate root/malo with clicky while your dog takes a beating.
2) PE top slot: only 1 canni reliably between med ticks. I usually tack a canni onto each epic click when I can. When you fight a pack and send dog in, you can root everything much more quickly, and dog might even live. But then you've gotta reroot before your first epic click on each mob to get the timing right (2 epic clicks per PE). Against tougher packs you can root all of them, pull back dog, malo-->root/epic, etc.

With torpor you've got 4 options that seem reasonable to me for top slot: PE, torpor, slow, and canni. You've got a lot more hp to burn though and don't need to worry about med ticks while you face tank, so canni would make a whole lot of sense imo. I'm not sure how clicky reset works with bash interrupts or how often you'll find yourself needing to recast after a dispel (should have buffs stacked, have they changed dispel mechanics?) or recast on a second target or whatever. I would assume you don't often need to cast two torpors back to back, but as it's the strongest spell in our arsenal I wouldn't discount it. As for slow, as far as I know against a single, summoning mob you'll torpor, open with malo, then slow until it lands. After that you've got time to tash stick + malosini + epic + dots + afkfap as long as you keep an eye on torpor and slow durations. So to me that'd suggest chaining slow could be a life-saver if you're hitting resists. *shrug* Anybody know?