View Single Post
Old 02-12-2017, 07:49 PM
Large Rat

Default Lost faction while AFK for kills

In Kurn's I was killing skeletons all day, and partied up with a player who wanted to camp Jester with me. In the whole time I've been in Kurns (18-20), I haven't killed or been in a party with someone who killed a single Burynai. I know this because I've only been in a party with one person, a monk, and both of us were running through the lowest level killing skeletons and not aggroing a single Burynai.

Today I was playing with a druid who said if I didn't do anything at all, they could kill a Burynai and I would get the XP without losing any faction. I'd been playing for four hours prior to this, including running straight through several of them, and nothing aggrod to me. I sat through the first one, didn't touch or target anything, and it gave me XP without showing a faction message. So I figured it worked. That was the only one I was present for.

I guess they killed at least one more while I was AFK later on, because as I was running around looking for skeletons I suddenly became uncamouflaged and a bunch of Burynai ganked me. People keep telling me this is impossible, but it happened.

What can be done? I died once more while trying to get my corpse the first time. The second attempt I managed to get both corpses and drag them to the entrance of Kurn's, but now I can't even play in the basement which was the only safe area for me to solo as a wizard. Is there a way to reset my faction with them? Can I at least have my corpses res'd so I don't lose 6 hours of gameplay because of a bug?