View Single Post
Old 04-11-2011, 05:02 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicentre [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hello.

Same happens to me in Neriak Foreign Quarter. I can zone between Commonlands and Nektulos Forest without any problems, but then when I come back home to Neriak, the following happens:
- I enter the Neriak Tunnel from Nek Forest, speak a bit with the guards, ask if everything is fine with family and children and so on, joking about the dwarves and other crawling creatures
- I say goodbye to the guards. I go to the zone line, message says something like "Entering zone". Things freeze for a few seconds.
- Loading screen (with ugly werewolf) comes, saying "loading zone files, have you hugged an Iksar today". Progress bar goes to 100%, then nothing happens. Frozen.
- I then kill eqgame.exe, restart the game. Everything seems to go well (login server, character choice) till I have to zone in Neriak, where my character is.
- I have to wait 30 mins (sometimes more) before I can enter the game again.
I play EQ with the Titanium client, using a 1280x1024 window on a 1680x1050 screen. I don't understand how it can be a problem with graphics, since other zones are fine and that in the end I can zone in Neriak. Also I don't understand how it can be a problem with the zone server since other ppl can enter it without any problems.
Looks like I finally solved my issue (zoning in West Freeport or Neriak crashes my game).

I changed my good ol' Zyxel G-2000 Wireless router for a more recent one (NBG 417), and no problems after 10-15 runs from EC Tunnel to bank.

I hope this helps.

Enchanter, The Northern Wind