View Single Post
Old 05-23-2011, 02:49 AM
Orc

I tried several things, including WinEQ2 and deleting my character UI files (still use WinEQ2 actually and I like it, but that's neither here nor there).

What I did that solved it was change my router. I have a Trendnet TEW-639GR, which, when my PC was connected do it, seems to have caused the crashing to occur. Maybe it has a buggy UPNP implementation or something. I really don't know.

So I took an older DLink DIR-615 (c1 revision) that I had put DD-WRT on, and hooked that up so the LAN port on the TEW goes to the WAN port on the DLink. Then I hooked my PC to the LAN port of the DLink. Finally, and importantly, I put went into the TEW web interface and put the DLink in the DMZ. After that, I can zone back and forth from Nek to Neriak without crashing, whereas I would crash every time before.

You can probably also fix this by putting your PC in the DMZ directly, but I don't recommend this because using NAT does make you safer. That's why I used a second router in my setup.

Edit: Had a crash again yesterday. This seems to cut it back (dramatically even) but not solve it.
Last edited by Kazzok; 06-06-2011 at 02:28 AM..