View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 09:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanzkopf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Taking this thread seriously though - I work at a themepark kinda place which is a seasonal part time job called diggerland, whole amusement park built around diggers bla bla. I did an apprenticeship in IT and passed my CompTIA A+ and some networking fundamentals / windows 7 configuration but due to my age and lack of experience can't get a job in that field. BTW I'm only 18 years old so still trying to find my way through into a decent occupation.
The A+ is a very common cert. It doesn't make you competitive as everyone has it. Get your network + and maybe your MCTS and look for Help Desk Tier 1 jobs. Also, don't tell anyone your age they aren't allowed to ask you, and they would discriminate against an 18 year old.

Have you considered college? The IT field is swimming with CS and MIS degrees, so you really aren't competitive without a degree unless you are a young Bill Gates or something.
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.