Thread: 2V2 Bracket
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2013, 11:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You know when you told me PvP wasnt for you i thought you were just kidding [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think EQ PVP is really poorly designed. For example, I dueled Svenn on Loraen and just destroyed him by manatapping/sieving. On Sakuragi he just malos and slows me (and he was like 50% on landing slow with 140MR) and that's that. Meanwhile when I dueled Orsk on Loraen I simply cant land anything. So I think there is a strong element of rock paper scissors.

Secondly, its highly RNG based. Basically a melee is hoping to resist enough spells to beat down the caster; the caster is hoping to get lucky. The control spells are just so powerful that if you land them it's game over. It would be much more intelligent if slow always landed, but its fraction was ameliorated by magic resistance, e.g. Turgurs on a 50MR player would be 75%, but on a 150MR player only 25%.

And finally, as ridiculous as the above rules, they are even more ridiculous here with some sort of random resist code where no one resists anything except their own casts of nullify magic, and melee landing every hit, and so on.
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Last edited by Splorf22; 10-25-2013 at 11:59 PM..