Thread: Game Mechanics: Mobs too buff.
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2011, 04:22 PM
Fire Giant

Treats that is exactly my point. You cannot keep up a 60 warrior with defensive with 4 or 5 clerics. She can effectively two round that 60 warrior. It isn't exact but it doesn't take 2 rounds and that that tank is toast. You hit the nail on the head when you said this

Quote:
Comparing Bazzt Zzzt's DPS with the Avatar of War is just silly. Those two are not even close.
But yet there it is. Essentially we have 5k hp tanks in game high end, max hp gear. Ac is crap so warriors don't mitigate the same here but the fact remains if I recall you could use a 7 cleric ch chain for AoW on live. On here I am telling you you need a 7 cleric ch chain to be safe with the bixie boss or OOA. Because even a 6 cleric chain is risky, you have to HOPE she doesn't hit near max and most times she does. Defensive only mitigates it to 531 or so max hit, but she quads every time with a kick, poison proc dot for 100 and every now and then may get a flesh rot in.

I understand tanks were a little beefier in Velious. But they didn't go from 5k hp to 10k. There is no way you should need a 7 cleric chain to keep up a 60 war with defensive on Bazzt Zzzt. She was not the AoW of kunark era. I appreciate Pescador's ignorant attempt at sarcasm but all you hear from those people is no ss no proof. Unfortunately I didn't play classic anticipating project1999 and a 3rd grader response when those of us who actually played back then and fought these mobs say "It wasn't like that". I am not sure what the deal is but it is not classic or near. If they were buffed specifically to prevent someone from killing them because it was felt they were 'too easy' that is ridiculous. We didn't need 60 man raids in sky with a 7 cleric chain for a tank on Bazzt Zzzt. My comparison to AoW was not that the dps was the same because it wasn't. My point was that if you used a 7 cleric chain for AoW on live and have to use a 7 cleric chain here then that is too much dps for Bazzt ZZt for example. Effectively if you use a 7 cleric chain for 2 mobs then the dps from them must be around the same, no? I have had this issue before and posted about it with different mobs. The Spiroc Lord having stonespider stun here, yet the Spiroc Guardian does not death touch.
Last edited by h0tr0d (shaere); 11-18-2011 at 11:16 PM..