View Single Post
Old 07-31-2023, 06:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Of course. Warriors can tank in XP groups. I don't think anybody has said they can't. OP is pointing out they aren't as good in this role, which is true. If you could pick any tank in an XP group that doesn't need Warrior discs, you would pick a Paladin or SK over a Warrior.

You can root mobs when you have a Paladin or SK tanking as well. However, Paladin's and SK's can provide snap agro when needed. Warriors cannot.

EDIT: I am not trying to suggest people shouldn't play Warriors in XP groups, or that XP groups shouldn't take Warriors. Warriors simply have weaknesses outside of raiding.
You seem to have completely ignored:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatChapp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I do a lot more damage than knight tanks,it makes up for the minor inconvenience.
Now, I personally don't know how much better your average warrior's DPS is compared to your average Paladins or Shadow Knights. It may be an insignificant amount.

But, I'm at least curious to see some data on it, because if Warriors offer significantly more DPS, that means faster killing, which means faster XP ... which would mean they're superior in many groups (ie. any group where "root agro" is sufficient).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.