View Single Post
Old 09-17-2014, 11:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I always wondered how that worked, from a coding standpoint. Why did NPCs assist in attacking? So weird. Priest of Discord was fantastic for this.
Guards were faction based, and if you had the same faction level they'd attack whoever started the fight. If you put thorns on someone and pet attacked them, for some reason the thorns would register agro and the pet attacking would not. So to the guards, it appeared that the innocent player was initiating combat with the druid with charm pet.

I agree it was very odd, you'd think if they decided to make pets not generate PVP agro on the owner, at the very least attacking that pet wouldn't generate agro either. But it was one of those fun little things, the thicket was a bloodbath.

It was also fun when disarm made your weapon fall on the ground if it was droppable (which almost all were when it still did that). Silverious the wood elf rogue got us a lot of nice weapons off her victims back in the day. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]