View Single Post
Old 03-28-2024, 09:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciderpress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I do not doubt that high end raiding in wow is harder than EQ in measurable ways, in terms of mechanics and opportunities for things to go wrong, but for whatever reason many people broadly perceive the game as being too hand-holdy and predictable.

EQ was criticized on release for being too much of a theme park compared to ultima online, but classic EQ1 is a massive sandbox by modern standards.

I liked EQ2 well enough for a while cause I like everquest, but I had zero trouble totally bailing on my lvl 50 when the first expansion came out and going back to eq1. Make of that what you will!
They're just two entirely different beasts.

I liked them both for what they were...but for Chob to say top end raiders would never make it in EQ yet EQ players could raid top end WoW is just completely backwards. Raided for 5+ years on P99 and killed every boss in WoW in top end progression guilds from Day 1 Vanilla through end of WotLK...the only "difficult" thing about P99 is the insane amount of man hours to compete.

Its hard to imagine how some P99ers even tie their shoes in the morning.
Last edited by Toxigen; 03-28-2024 at 09:17 AM..